Enriched Methane: The First Step Towards the Hydrogen by Marcello De Falco, Angelo Basile

By Marcello De Falco, Angelo Basile

This ebook brings jointly fresh examine from internationally on enriched methane, and examines the construction, distribution and use of this source in inner combustion engines and gasoline generators. It goals to supply readers with an in depth account of capability technological breakthroughs that have the capability to revolutionize strength platforms. Enriched methane, a fuel blend composed by means of methane and hydrogen (10-30%vol), constitutes the 1st real looking step in the direction of the appliance of hydrogen as an strength vector. It presents powerful advantages by way of emissions relief, that's -11% of CO2, eq emission with the combustion of a 30%vol H2 blend, if hydrogen is made out of renewable power resources. Enriched methane deals the next benefits:

Show description

Read Online or Download Enriched Methane: The First Step Towards the Hydrogen Economy PDF

Similar economy books

World Trade: Cancun, Hong Kong and Beyond: A Review of Current Wto Regulations and Practice (Business & Investment Review)

At this serious degree within the Doha around of the area alternate association (WTO) negotiations, this authoritative file takes inventory of the restricted growth that has been made because the Ministerial convention in Cancun in September 2003. there's a designated, serious review of what has truly occurred and the place the WTO stands after the Ministerial convention of December 2005 in Hong Kong.

Killer Presentations: Power the Imagination to Visualise Your Point - With PowerPoint, Second Edition

During this booklet shows guru Nicholas Oulton units out a progressive procedure that may let you use energy aspect - TM - to exponentionally multiply the ability of your shows. you are going to noticeably elevate the probabilities of impressing your viewers and reaching your ambitions. utilizing attempted and confirmed rules, Nicholas exhibits how - via functional, systematic pondering and overhauling your angle to the visible aids you utilize - you could ditch undesirable previous behavior and produce your presenatations to vibrant existence.

Additional info for Enriched Methane: The First Step Towards the Hydrogen Economy

Sample text

Moreover, since the excess of thermal energy must be stored to be used during periods of low insolation, it was necessary to further increase the solar field foreseeing three strings of collectors. Fig. 8 Simplified scheme of the METISOL plant. The low- and high-temperature storage vessels work, respectively, at 290 and 550 °C 48 G. Caputo et al. Fig. 9 String of six solar collectors connected in series The thermal power collected from the solar field, with an average radiation of 800 W/m2, is about 5400 kW, of this, approximately 60 % is used by the system of production, while the remaining 40 % is accumulated to extend the production during periods of insufficient solar radiation.

The maximum thermal energy that can be collected by the solar field is limited by the capacity of the storage system. If the solar field collects an excess energy that cannot be used or stored, the control system of the plant has to discard a part of the available solar energy defocusing the collectors. The capacity of a thermal storage system, Thermal Energy Storage (TES), is normally defined as the hours of operation of the plant at the nominal power without sunshine. 5 h was fixed as a reasonable requirement.

A more extended analysis of yearly data shows that the integration with external energy ranges between 100 and 25 % according to the normal variation of solar irradiation during the year. 7 Conclusions The METISOL project had the aim of developing technological solutions for the production of methane–hydrogen mixtures, for use as motor fuel, through the process of steam reforming of natural gas, using the heat supplied by a concentrating solar plant at high temperature. On the basis of the required production of 50 G.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.89 of 5 – based on 23 votes

Related posts