By Slawomir Koziel
This short studies a few thoughts exploiting the surrogate-based optimization notion and variable-fidelity EM simulations for effective optimization of antenna buildings. The advent of every strategy is illustrated with examples of antenna layout. The authors reveal the ways that practitioners can receive an optimized antenna layout on the computational expense such as a number of high-fidelity EM simulations of the antenna constitution. there's additionally a dialogue of the choice of antenna version constancy and its impression on functionality of the surrogate-based layout procedure. This quantity is appropriate for electric engineers in academia in addition to undefined, antenna designers and engineers facing computationally-expensive layout problems.
Read Online or Download Antenna Design by Simulation-Driven Optimization PDF
Best microwaves books
Introducing the applying of box influence Transistors (FET) as frequency multipliers and harmonic oscillators, this article places emphasis on nonlinear ideas, and features a minimum volume of arithmetic and a mix of thought and experimentation. It goals to aid microwave and millimeter-wave engineers understand the basic innovations and layout ideas of frequency multipliers and harmonic oscillators.
Coding for Optical ChannelsIvan DjordjevicWilliam RyanBane VasicIn order to conform to the ever-increasing calls for for high-speed transmission and distance-independent connectivity, today’s community operators are imposing a hundred Gb/s according to dense wavelength department multiplexing (DWDM) channel. At these info premiums, the functionality of fiber-optic communique structures is degraded considerably because of intra- and inter-channel fiber nonlinearities, polarization-mode dispersion (PMD), and chromatic dispersion.
This prolonged and revised variation will function a concise, self-contained, updated creation to Photonics for undergraduate scholars. it could possibly even be used as a primer through researchers and execs who begin operating within the box. mixing thought with technical descriptions, the ebook covers quite a lot of issues, together with the overall mechanism of laser motion, non-stop and pulsed laser operation, optical propagation in isotropic and anisotropic media, working rules and constitution of passive optical elements, electro-optic and acousto-optic modulation, solid-state lasers, semiconductor lasers and LEDs, nonlinear optical phenomena, and optical fiber parts and units.
This booklet is quantity III of a chain of books on silicon photonics. It reviews at the improvement of totally built-in structures the place many various photonics part are built-in jointly to construct advanced circuits. this is often the demonstration of the totally potentiality of silicon photonics. It features a variety of chapters written through engineers and scientists of the most businesses, study facilities and universities lively within the box.
- Network planning and design
- RFID For Dummies
- Processing of SAR Data: Fundamentals, Signal Processing, Interferometry
- Digital Holography and Wavefront Sensing: Principles, Techniques and Applications
- Optical Imaging Sensors and Systems for Homeland Security Applications
- Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Passive Structures
Extra resources for Antenna Design by Simulation-Driven Optimization
7). 2 Space Mapping Space mapping (SM) (Bandler et al. 1994, 2004a, b; Bakr et al. 1999; Koziel, et al. 2008b) is one of the earliest and most popular surrogate-based optimization techniques in microwave engineering. Here, we discuss the original SM concept, aggressive SM, parametric SM, as well as SM with auxiliary response surface approximation model, which is suitable for antenna design. 1 Space Mapping Concept The original SM idea was based on a concept of mapping P relating the high- and low-fidelity model parameters (Bandler et al.
In most cases, particularly for broadband and ultra-wideband antennas, dielectric resonator antennas, and substrate-integrated waveguide/cavity antennas (Balanis 2005; Petosa 2007; Volakis 2007), reliable circuit equivalents or analytical models are not available. Therefore, the only way of obtaining usable low-fidelity models for most antenna structures is through S. Koziel and S. 1007/978-3-319-04367-8_4, © Slawomir Koziel and Stanislav Ogurtsov 2014 25 26 4 Methodologies for Variable-Fidelity Optimization of Antenna Structures coarse-discretization EM simulations.
5. 1, by outlining challenges of surrogate-based antenna design. 7 contain formulation of specific methodologies. Applications for the design optimization of various antenna structures are covered in Chaps. 6–11. 1 A ntenna-Specific Challenges of Surrogate-Based Optimization A discussion of surrogate-based optimization paradigm presented in Chap. 3 indicated that the major advantage of SBO methods is in possible reduction of the computational cost of the design process they offer. One of the most important prerequisites is that the surrogate, and, consequently (as we are focused on physics- based surrogates), the underlying low-fidelity model, is substantially faster than the high-fidelity model to be optimized.